Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Greetings from Southern California!

Well, technically, I've been here over a week already (and leave pretty soon), but I just ran out of posts.

As I giggle over my Midwestern husband's attempts to pronounce local place-names, it has dawned on me just how many of those place-names are actually people-names (or would at least not be completely strange on a person).
So, in a little change of pace, I'm looking at a map. And anyone with Google, or other fellow locals, can probably tell fairly well where I grew up. :p
I can't guarantee that all these places are gorgeous & picturesque (most do have some lovely points, though), but people name their kids Camden, Brooklyn, Jersey, & London--does it really matter?

  • Avalon
  • Bonita
  • Santa Catalina Island
  • Santa Clarita
  • San Clemente Island
  • San Elijo Lagoon
  • Lake Elsinore
  • Glorietta Bay
  • Point Loma
  • San Marcos
  • Lake Morena
  • Murrieta
  • San Onofre State Beach
  • Palomar Mountain, Observatory
  • Pomona Valley
  • Ramona
  • Serra (various places, in honor of missionary Junípero Serra)
  • Solana Beach
  • Sonora Desert
  • Torrey Pines
  • Santa Ysabel
  • San Ysidro

No comments:

Post a Comment